City Council Goals
Over the past three years, the City has made significant progress toward fulfilling a sound strategic vision. In February 2018, Council conducted a planning workshop and updated a list of strategic targets and tiered priorities for 2018. These strategic targets and goals are listed with accomplishments from Fiscal Year 2017-18 in the Annual Budget for the Fiscal Year 2018-19.
- Fiscal Sustainability
- Public Safety
- Economic Development
- Adopt annual budget consistent with the Long-Range Financial Plan.
- Leverage resources to maximize cash efficiency.
- Provide financial updates to rating agencies for review of bond ratings.
- Develop a Community Facilities District policy for new development to pay for related services.
- Develop a long-range financial plan for the Municipal Utilities Department enterprise funds.
- Evaluate and improve service delivery.
- Implement advanced technologies.
- Develop and retain safety personnel.
- Strengthen community relationships.
- Provide business programs with tools for the underserved neighborhoods.
- Coordinate the management and relocation of City offices to the Waterfront Office Towers property.
- Complete the 24-month General Plan update project.
- Complete the document digitizing project for greater efficiency in processing plans.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/14/2018