To help you stay safe while out and about in Stockton, keep these tips in mind:
Public Transportation Safety
One of the best kept secrets in Stockton is the public transportation.
Here are a few safety tips while helping keep Stockton green:
- While waiting for a bus, stand near others waiting and away from the curb.
- If the immediate area is deserted or dark, stand near an occupied building or in a lighted area until transportation arrives.
- Know the bus or train schedule ahead of time so your wait is shorter.
- Don't open your purse or wallet while boarding the bus. Have your pass or money in your hand.
- Travel with a companion if possible.
- If the coach is empty or nearly empty, sit as far up front and close to the driver.
- If someone begins to bother you, notify the driver immediately.
- Don't sleep or become too involved with reading while traveling.
- Stay alert and be aware of the people around you.
- Carry your wallet inside your coat or front pocket. A comb, placed horizontally in the fold of your wallet, will alert you if someone tries to remove it from your pocket.
- Keep your purse in front of you and hold it close to your body with both hands.
- Check your purse or wallet if someone is crowding or pushing you.
- If you see any suspicious activity, tell the driver.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/17/2015